Young Creatives School of Art
This specialized program taught by Master Artist, Karen Paul, will offer students the very best in quality instruction, professional art materials and engaging curriculum in a fun filled environment.
In this year’s program, students will work on creating larger format paintings in acrylic, oil and watercolor. In addition, students will learn drawing using simple methods to develop accuracy and skill. We will work on a variety of themes, drawing our inspiration from natural sciences, studying Bay Area and historical Artists Techniques, and students will learn skills as well as developing artistic expression using Classical teaching with a fun, modern twist.
Skills taught this year will include:
- Drawing and composition
- Color theory and color mixing
- Light and shadow
- Painting techniques
- Brush skills
- Development of creative expression and problem solving
- A positive frame of mind as we learn and create together!
Students will also learn interesting information about science, and history as these subjects are subtly woven into the curriculum. There will be a wide variety of subjects covered this year designed around the most interesting and compelling subject matter to fuel each student’s creativity. Students will draw inspiration from natural objects brought into class such as: butterfly and insect specimens; animals skeletons; as well as beautiful photo reference. I am looking forward to a wonderful Year of Creativity and friendship building this School year!
A sampling of this year’s curriculum includes:
- Study of Monet’s series of Waterlily paintings. – Students will create paintings based on this exquisite Collection and interpret in their own style learning the techniques of this master artist.
- African Safari Animals – Students will create large format painting learning a variety of brushstrokes and methods to create texture in Acrylic. They will choose from a wide variety of beautiful inspiring photo reference to create a masterpiece of their choosing.
- Watercolor Illustrations of Geods, Crystals and Semi Precious Stones.
- Aquatic Life – Painting and Drawing studies of Sea Turtles,Narwhals,Jelly fish and found objects from the sea;shells and starfish.(Wherever possible natural specimens will be provided in class)- Painting and Drawing studies of Sea Turtles,Narwhals,Jelly fish and found objects from the sea;shells and starfish.(Wherever possible natural specimens will be provided in class)
Duration: This Program runs throughout school year Sept 5th- June 20th
Cost: Tuition is $195 per month (This includes $45 monthly materials fee; all art materials will be provided. We use only artist-quality materials
Time: Tuesdays – 3:45- 5:00
Location: Riley street Art Supply 1138 4th Street, San Rafael